Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

So to beat it all!

So you say to yourself, "Hey it can only go up from here." Boy was I wrong. I go to load the dishwasher, and afterwards I try to wash my hands, and no water. I was like what the hell we just paid on our bill. Call the water department and yes they have indeed cut off our water! I plead our case and  am only left more  confused. They said we had not paid our bill since we moved. That was impossible! Well I argued that  our bill was not due until July 11,2011. They maintained their justification of water lock out. I finally asked them if they were not mistakenly crediting the wrong address? In fact they had been doing just that! They were crediting the old address that they claimed still had a past due balance. I said that was impossible because I had turned it off in April and we came in and paid the remaining balance off a couple days later. So as it turns out they never disconnected our old address and the new tenants never said a peep. Too top it off they claimed we never filled out the form to disconnect service. I spent almost the entire day arguing with them! You see I remember filling out all of the forms because the lady behind the desk had a boob hanging out of her shirt with a horrible tatoo on it, and my husband and I could not help but notice it. It was like a car accident you don't want to look, but you can't help it. Turns out she was bad boob, bad tatoo lady, and insisted that we had no filled out the form. My husband had to leave work early (money we needed) and go down there. Needless to say no apology. Don't ya just love the water department!

No comments:

Post a Comment